Wintergreen Winter Teams is proud to announce our first biennial summer camp in Austria for summer 2015. The location is Hintertux Austria with training taking place on the Hintertuxer Glacier in the Tyrol region of the Austrian Alps. The idea is to offer young athletes and their families continued on snow summer training with an added international cultural experience in a country suffused with snow sports History.
Coaching will be provided by Austrian coaches from the Austria Racing Camps program run by ex-Austrian world cup racer Hugo Nindl and his sons in cooperation with Wintergreen coaches and US teams coach Shaun Goodwin. The program created by Austrian Racing Camps is very compatible with our own philosophies at Wintergreen. Training will include half day on snow training with afternoon activities that also focus on ski/snowboard skills.
This camp is open to all Winter Teams Members. Race, D-team and Freeride team members, parents and friends (skiing/snowboarding and non-skiing/snowboarding) are welcome. Come be a part of our European experience!
The on snow dates for the camp are Monday June 22th– Friday June 26th
The schedule will be;
- Flying to Munich, Germany departing Friday June 19th (your flight will arrive Saturday June 20th)
- Stay in Munich Saturday night and then depart for Hintertux via Luxury Motor Coach on Sunday morning June 21st. (2.5 hour drive)
- The Hotel in Hintertux is the Thermal Badhotel Kirchler . The hotel is a few hundred meters from the first Gondola. We will eat all meals in the Hotel dining room inclusive. The hotel has a natural hot spring fed indoor and outdoor pools.
- Five days Training on the glacier plus afternoon skills focused activities.
- For those who opt to end here the Motor coach will return to Munich Friday June 26th evening. Stay in Munich near airport and fly back Saturday June 27th.
The cost for the camp inclusive $1595 ( does not include airfare)
The cost for non-skiing is $1195 (does not include airfare)
There is also an idea that we should offer an extra five days to explore the town Berchtesgaden and the Sound of Music city Salzburg after the camp and on our way back to Munich. Air fare is expensive and the idea is to make this a longer and more special experience for the cost. This would mean flying back on Thursday July 2nd. The cost and exact plan for this excursion will be announced soon.
The success of this camp depends on the commitment of the members of our group. I need 25 people to sign up to participate to make the group pricing work. What we are asking you to do is email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know if you are,
2) Committed for camp only
3) Committed for Camp plus additional five day excursion
4) Have questions.
If you are committed I will contact you to make a deposit on the cost.
We are inquiring about group pricing out of Dulles to see if we can keep the group together and reduce cost some. Please do not book air travel yet. As soon as I have 25 committed I will let you know so that travel plans can be made.
Let us know via email now please and stay tuned for more pictures and teasers about the camp and region.